In addition to a continuum of videoconferencing tools, there are other continuums related to the use of videoconferencing. Today, let’s examine the interactivity continuum…
- View only isn’t interactive at all!
- Watching the other class present and not present back is not very interactive!
- Presenting to each other is a step up.
- Involving each other in the presentation is even better (by comparing and constrasting with Monster Mayhem, or solving measurement problems with Measurement Riddles, or researching an answer in MysteryQuest).
- Hands-on activities are even more interactive: content provider programs featured in the pictures are: Magnificent Manatees, Gadget Works, and Butterflies.
Have you experienced this continuum? Where do most of your videoconferences fall along the line? Any other insights to share? Please comment!