This blog post accompanies my session, Maximizing Reach, Learning, and Reflection with Online Professional Development, presented at the 2018 Nebraska Distance Learning Association Conference.
Models of Online Professional Learning
- Mentoring via videoconference
- 123 VC: Jazzing Up Your Curriculum with Videoconferencing workshop model
- Streaming or recorded video, plus supported interaction
- Multiple simultaneous webinars such as the Global Education Conference
- “Just in time” learning – self-paced modules
- Personal Learning Networks
- Massive Open Online Courses
Scaffolding for Success with Large Scale
- Cheat sheets: simple instructions with screen shots for each tool used
- Phone numbers: who to call? tiered level of support
- Facilitators for large groups
- Mechanism for smalls schools to interact
- PDF agenda, resources, instructions, handbook. Printed ahead of time.