On Friday I had a chat with a colleague in Michigan whose teachers are creating lots of projects, but having challenges with scheduling. One thing we talked about was the necessity of having teachers post the times & dates they have in mind for their project. If you say exactly when you can do the project (range of dates and exact start & end times), it’s much easier to find a partner. So I thought I’d share with you my suggested format for advertising projects – on the listservs (Edvidconf, K12IVC, etc.) and CILC Collaboration Collage.
- Project “title” or brief description line
- Project detailed description. Describe your plans, i.e., agenda, outcomes, etc.
- Project time frame (Be as precise as possible. For example, between February 15 and 28. Tuesdays or Wednesdays between 9:30 and 11:30 EST.)
- How to sign up
- Project registration deadline
- Number of classes that can participate (i.e. will you take the first person who responds? or can more than one school participate?)
- Type of connection (i.e. is it open only to ISDN/H.320 schools or only IP/H.323 schools?)
- Project details website if applicable.
If you’re really specific on the dates & times you can/want to do, then the participants self select before you start your conversation with them.
If you have any other suggestions for finding partners, please comment & share them!