This afternoon we have several classes participating in two sessions of ASK with author Jim Stovall on his book The Ultimate Gift. The students have prepared using the ASK process. This program is one of the Polycom Special Events, with bridging provided by Arnie Comer at Macomb ISD. The depth of questions and interaction is always incredible. Here’s a sample of the questions:
- It seemed like Jason was blind to all the gifts he had. Did you do that on purpose?
- Since it’s voting day in Texas, if you were president, how would you bring the gifts to the White House?
- If you had one day left, what would you do?
- How did you figure out the top twelve books in your book?
- What is the worst problem you ever had and what did you learn from it?
- Has being blind made any part of your life easier?
After the first session, I talked to one of our teachers who was SOOOO excited about the videoconference. She totally loved it! She said that her students thought Mr. Stovall was so nice and easy to talk to. In addition, she said the book and interview made a significant impact on the “troublemakers” in her class. They loved the book!
Polycom has offered this program every year for the last couple years, and probably will continue to do so. So watch their website for registration details. They have openings in other similar programs too.