Another ASK pilot program today. 5th grade students at E. P. Clarke Elementary are talking to a Colonial Craftsman from Historically Speaking… as a culmination to reading the book Roanoke, The Lost Colony and studying colonial times.
- What is the most difficult part of your job?
- If you could do it all over again, would you stay in England or would you come to the New World?
- How much money do you make in your job?
- How many apprentices do you usually have?
- Did you bring your family with you to the New World?
This program was a bit of a stretch from the book to the expert. But the presenter was excellent and it went well. We’ll see how the teachers evaluate the program and then we’ll decide if we do it this way next year.