Tomorrow I’m presenting at the International Forum for Women in E-learning in San Antonio, TX with Elaine Shuck (Polycom), Amy Spath (Central New York Regional Information Center), and Roxanne Glaser (i2i Technologies and @superdoodlegirl).
This post contains the resources and websites we shared in our presentation.
Disconnect and Battle Six Super Villains to Win Back Your Life
Description: Are you trapped on the treadmill of not getting enough done? Feeling disconnected? Stressed? Join us as we discuss our battle with evil super villains: Dr. Distraction, Sir Sit-a-Lot, Captain Busyness, Ferocious Foodie, Guilty Girl, and Super-Yes-Woman. Learn how to tap into your superhero powers to recharge your work-life balance.
Disclaimer: This session is actually self-therapy or friend-therapy. We are just sharing what has worked for us. Some things are free, some are not; but almost all of them one or more of us loves.
Fight with GOALS:
- Get a word. My One Word.
- Omit clutter. Flylady.
- Always move – walking/hiking in nature.
- Limit media. Power of single-tasking.
- Seek space. How yoga creates space.
- Article: “Sitting is the new smoking”
- The Movement Manifesto
- Gaia has yoga for work / computer users
- Article: What to do if you’re healthy and your back hurts
- Article: Why I killed my standing desk, and what I do instead
- Fit for Real Life and on Facebook
- FitBit Challenges
- Wurf Board
- Article: 6 Tips for Better Work-Life Balance
- Article: Work Life Balance
- Book: The Boys in the Boat – Daniel James Brown
- Book: Hillbilly Elegy – J.D. Vance
- Last Child in the Woods
- Incredible Smoothies
- Book: The Whole 30
- Book: The Fork Over Knives Plan
- Book: Eat to Live
- Book: Eat Clean Diet Recharged
- Subscription recipes: Health Our Treasure
- Subscription recipes: Saving Dinner
- Subscription recipes: Skinny Taste
- Paleo recipe websites:
Super Yes Women
- Find your tribe
- Pick one thing