Since Wikispaces is closing down, I’m moving my collaborative videoconference projects over to my blog for archiving. Great project formats can still be used and adapted!
Project Description: Middle and high school students connect to discuss current environmental issues and their impact locally. Students present their research and the local perspectives and then discuss the issues with the partner class. See the Resources section for potential topics.
Teacher Quote: My students absolutely LOVED IT. You know they really liked it when they are telling other teachers and students about it!!! Talking to another country is by far the best VC out there!! I would talk to another country any time it was available! -Karen Ennesser, Dowagiac Middle School
Blog Report: Carbon Emissions
- Both class present
- Question & answer time / discuss the implications / differences
How To Create Posters for Videoconferencing
This VC Poster Handout for students gives simple tips for clear presentations via posters.
- Use a large font.
- Don’t put too much text on the page.
- Don’t use red for background or text.
- Have a good contrast between text and background.
- Blue backgrounds with white or yellow text work best.