As part of the Jazz workshop today, we connected to Global Nomads Group for a simulation of their Pulse programs. As our participants interacted, the facilitators chatted in Skype about the good facilitation skills that Chris modeled during the program. Here are some of the things we noticed:
- Asking a question of all the sites, reminding them of the question when calling on the next site, and allowing everyone to comment on the previous comments.
- He takes notes on which sites have talked to make sure the conversation goes between all the sites.
- The facilitator compliments all comments.
- He summarizes and reinforces the points from the various sites.
- He pulls out the agreement amongst all the sites.
- He modeled good listening skills by leaning in and nodding as the participants talked.
Sometimes you don’t realize you’re experiencing good facilitation until you step back and watch the process.
By the way, GNG’s schedule is up online now with their fall programs!