Today we have a couple more sessions with Frank Garcia at the Pedro Zaragoza Foundation. Today’s classes were middle school exploratory language classes. They were treated to several dances, interspersed with some question and answer time. Our students asked:
- How old were you when you started to learn the dances? (5 years old)
- How long does it take to learn the dances? (about 3 months)
- What time is it there?
- Is it hard to learn the dances?
The students in Mexico asked our students:
- What are your names?
- Do you want to learn how to dance?
- What kind of music do you like?
- If it’s cold, why aren’t you wearing sweaters?
I would like to think of some more ways the students could interact and do some games. Maybe they could teach our students some simple steps or some vocabulary. I would like our students to be able to share something too, that would be of benefit to the orphans. What ideas do you have for interacting?