Today is the culmination day for the CILC Symposium. Each panel moderator is reporting out on the various todos. Here’s a few notes from them. The PPTs will be posted on the CILC Symposium soon.
- Develop a collection of tips for collaborative projects. Did you know about our Collaborative Projects Template Booklet? Also check out the Collaborative Videoconferences Wiki.
- Increase communication between teachers and content providers.
- Encourage vendors to create non-proprietary products. “It needs to be like a telephone. It doesn’t matter what the device is on the other end, it just needs to work.”
- Details from my group – with resources and solutions – are posted on VC Rox.
- International collaborations – make sure you plan the outcomes and goals and activities for the group.
- Share strategies to help teachers move through the CBAM adoption model
- Encourage more participation in collaboration by sharing best practices – such as blogging, wikis, sharing with peers.
- We need to do a much better job at showing rather than telling
- Teachers need to see “best practice” in motion
- Do a collaborative project where teachers connect to teachers where one school mentors another
- How many times have you been to a workshop to talk about the technology instead of using it!
Definitely good points to consider and keep working on in our respective areas.