This post is part of a series inviting discussion, comments and reflection on the results of my dissertation.
Remember as you review the results of my study that every variable was examined to see its relationship with how often the school was using curriculum videoconferencing and whether that variable could be used to predict the use of videoconferencing.
In this post, we’ll look at the relationship between the school’s use of curriculum videoconferencing and support from an educational service agency.
Support from an ESA
- Whether the school has ESA support or not was not significantly related to the schools’ use of videoconferencing.
ESA Creates and Facilitates VCs for the School
- Where the ESA creates and facilitates VCs for the school, the school was using videoconferencing significantly more often (r=.120, p=.046).
ESA Subsidizes Programming from Content Providers
- Whether the ESA subsidizes programming or not was not significantly related to the schools’ use of videoconferencing.
Percentage of VCs Provided or Facilitated by ESA
- The percent of VCs provided or facilitated by the ESA was not significantly related to the schools’ use of videoconferencing.
ESAs that Facilitate/Create are also Subsidizing VCs
- Interestingly, these variables were interrelated. There was a strong positive correlation between ESA’s that create and facilitate VCs for their schools and if they subsidize programming for their schools (r=.591, p=.000).
- In addition, there was a strong positive correlation between ESA’s that create and facilitate VCs for their schools and the percentage of VCs provided or facilitated by the ESA (r=.506, p=.000).
Recommendations & Discussion
- What recommendations would you draw from these results?
- Schools: If you receive support from an educational service agency (or in a big district, your district VC office), what services do you see as essential?
- Schools: What types of programs do you receive from your ESA?
- ESAs: What services do you think are essential to provide to your school districts?
- What types of programs should ESAs facilitate and provide?