This post is part of a series inviting discussion, comments and reflection on the results of my dissertation.
Another major part of my study was to create a model to predict the use of curriculum videoconferencing in schools. I selected a combination of variables that were significant in the correlation analyses or the multiple regression analyses which gave a more complete picture of the implementation of videoconferencing.
This graph shows the multiple regression B weights for each variable. Think of it as how much that variable contributed to the school’s use of videoconferencing while all the other variables are held constant. You can click the graph to see it larger.
Here are the B weights and their significance for each of these variables.
- Significantly Positive: Elementary School (b=15.269, p=.000)
- Significantly Positive: Ethnicity Other (remember this was mostly First Nations/Native American) (b=26.249, p=.000)
- Female (b=6.422, p=.146)
- Significantly Positive: Level of education: 2 years of college (b=20.544, p=.002)
- Significantly Positive: Job Title: Paraprofessional (b=31.413, p=.013)
- Significantly Positive: Job Title: Teacher (b=11.752, p=.021)
- Job Title: Technology Specialist: (b-.340, p=.936)
- Years Experience with VC: (b-.517, p=.389)
- Type of Training: Mostly Technical: (b-5.331, p=.187)
- Significantly Negative: Time to Support VC: Other: (b-10.465, p=.050)
Educational Service Agency Support
- ESA Creates and Facilitates Programming (b=3.165, p=.417)
- Support from an ESA Tech Person (b=4.486, p=.261)
Location of Equipment
- Location: Mobile Cart (b=2.695, p=.515)
- Location: Multiple Systems (b=-8.015, p=.104)
K12 Curriculum Videoconferencing Implementation Scale
- Significantly Negative: Videoconferencing Quality (b=-7.612, p=.035)
- Coordinator’s Ability to Support VC (b=-.690, p=.897)
- Coordinator’s Ability to Integrate VC in the Curriculum (b=-.690, p=.897)
- Coordinator’s Ability to Work with Teachers (b=2.112, p=.518)
- Significantly Positive: Coordinator’s Perception of Teacher Attitudes (b=24.902, p=.000)
- Coordinator’s Perception of Principal Support (b=3.167, p=.174)
- This is the last post about my research. What did you learn?
- Do you agree with the results? Why or why not?
- How will you apply these results in your work?
- Are these results useful to you? How so?
- What else would you want to know to inform your work?
Please comment! Thank you for taking the time to think about and comment on my research!