I was wandering across the Internet recently and found this link to YouTube videos about videoconferencing linked from the AT&T (SBC / Pacbell) Videoconferencing site. These links probably won’t work at school (they don’t for me), so try them at home. (Issues with YouTube include inappropriate comments on the page featuring the clip and that’s an issue with some of these too. Beware!)
Here’s some clips that show the use of videoconferencing outside the school setting:
- German Airforce Uses Videoconferencing (features TANDBERG)
- How videoconferencing is used in manufacturing (features TANDBERG)
- VC Assists Manufacturer Volkswagen in Mexico (features TANDBERG)
- A news show on Videoconferencing Technology Helping Premature Babies (features TANDBERG)
- Rosetel Videoconferencing Underwater – mostly showing off the technology vs. what they are doing with it.
- There’s quite a few more examples of TANDBERG videoconferencing being used in lots of interesting ways. Go explore when you have time!
- Reach Out and Touch Someone… Amigo Latino. Features Polycom. Done by Fox News Los Angeles. CNN did a feature on this too. CBS covered it too. These are really touching videos.
- The Next Step in Global Meetings. An ad from Cisco.
- Hospitals use Videophones to Call Santa.
Video clips that feature school use:
- Educational use of VC in Texas (features field trips, projects, shared classes and more)
- First Impressions of Videoconferencing (what not to do in a VC! by CILC!)
- New Delhi Students videoconferencing with the International Space Center
- Students in Hawaii, Palau, and American Samoa videoconference about coconuts. A Pacific Voices project. And another videoconference between Hawaii and American Samoa.
There are many more including Cisco and Tandberg ads (including some funny Russian Tandberg cartoon ads); examples of Cisco’s Telepresence system featured in popular shows, and other odds & ends. If you’re ever looking for some partially work related entertainment, here’s a place to start!