So the Keystone Conference is winding down. I’m spending the next session making sure I’m all set for my presentation. It’s been a great conference and I’ve especially enjoyed the networking. Now I’ll be offline for a few days as I take a complete technology break and attend a cousin’s wedding in Canada. I’m looking forwardto it.
Here’s the links I’ll be sharing as “solution resources” for the issues/problems I’ll be addressing in my session. You might find them useful.
- Training for tech & media specialist support is available from several locations.
- Planning Interactive Curriculum Connections is offered regularly by the Berrien County ISD. http://www.remc11.k12.mi.us/dl/picc
- Workshops from CILC & Vanderbilt Virtual School have been advertised on the Collaboration Collage listserv recently: http://www.kn.sbc.com/wired/vidconf/ed1vidconf.html
- The Megaconference listserv has shared information about IP technical training recently. http://www.megaconference.org/
- Many websites have good information as well.
- SBC’s Videoconference for Learning is one of the best resources available to learn about videoconferencing: http://www.kn.sbc.com/wired/vidconf/vidconf.html
- Find a wealth of good information at http://www.TWICE.cc and http://www.CILC.org.
- Other good listservs include:
- K12-IVC: http://neirtec.terc.edu/k12vc/forward/listserv.cfm
- A new IVC ISTE SIG is starting October 1 which will have a listserv: http://www.iste.org
- Solutions for funding programs:
- Automatic search of the BCISD-Polycom Videoconference Program Database for free programs: http://tinyurl.com/46j84
- Create your own projects. For assistance, take one of these two online classes offered by Berrien County ISD:
- Planning Interactive Curriculum Connections http://www.remc11.k12.mi.us/dl/picc
- Kid2Kid Videoconference Connections http://www.remc11.k12.mi.us/dl/k2k
- Tons of project ideas on the TWICE website: http://www.twice.cc/projects.html
- See also the CILC Collaboration Center: http://www.cilc.org/collaboration_center.aspx
- Share teacher made materials & lesson plans: http://www.twice.cc/projects.html
- Blog your videoconference experiences so we can learn from each other! See my blog: http://vcoutonalim.blogspot.com. Email me to add yours!
- Correlation to Michigan Grade Level Content Expectations: http://www.remc11.k12.mi.us/dl/glce/
- See also the training experiences mentioned in Administrative Issues.