Session Description: Collaboration requires a unique set of skills, skills that are similar to those used in jazz music. Autonomy, passion, risk, innovation, and listening are essential to a successful collaborative experience. Learn how these five principles of jazz are applied in a unique summer course for K12 teachers called 123 VC: Jazzing Up Your Curriculum with Videoconferencing. The workshop is collaboratively led and features a variety of interactive activities across the participating sites
Note: 2008-2010 the Jazz workshop had international participation from Wales, UK and British Columbia, Canada.
The “Jazz workshop” Resources
- Official 123 VC: Jazzing Up Your Curriculum with Videoconferencing website
- My collection of blog articles about the Jazz workshop
- The Leadership Jazz blog post this presentation is based on
- Jazz Impact, the group that inspired us
- Michael Gold, the leader of Jazz Impact
We challenge you to ensure your collaborations are jazz music, not a one-man band or a symphony led by a star conductor!