I’m presenting this afternoon at the 2016 USDLA National Conference in St. Louis, MO.
Description: Students graduating from our institutions should have a professional digital presence on social media, as well as resumes. Learn about the continuing journey of a course taught face to face, blended, and fully online to undergraduates to assist them in presenting themselves professionally online and through social media.
PowerPoint: Digital Footprints
Links and Resources
- University of Mary Washington: A Domain of One’s Own
- Emory University: Domain of One’s Own
- Learn about the Personal Learning Network concept
- Example: Evaluating online sources
- Online participation skills
- Creative Commons
- Focus, Attention and Multi-tasking
- Degree Qualifications Profile by Lumina Foundation
- Textbook options, inspiration, ideas
- 50+ Idea Starters for Your Blog Post
- Ideas for Social Media Participation and Promotion