Wow! Today is the 6th anniversary of this blog! Thank you to all the readers for your comments, partnerships, and collaborations over the years!
Been pretty busy with VCs the last two months, so it’s been a little quiet around here. I apologize for that. But here are some links and posts to consider today:
Read Around the Planet in the News
Did you know this year was the 10th anniversary of Read Around the Planet / Read Across America celebrations via videoconferencing through TWICE? Here are some blogs and news articles from RAP this year:
- Read Around the Planet from Leander, TX
- Viola Elementary Reads Around the Planet
- Cranbrook Kids excited cats for Read Around the Planet (nice picture too!)
- Trinity Valley TX Read Around the Planet participation
- Scroll down here for a teacher newsletter including Read Around the Planet participation
- Wisconsin Rapids describes use of distance learning, including Read Around the Planet
- Columbus City Schools review of classes participating in Read Around the Planet
- Several classes participated in the TWICE ASK program with Margaret Willey on her book, The 3 Bears and Goldilocks.
- Several classes connected to the Buffalo Zoo for our Berrien RESA ASK program on the book, Ice Bear and Little Fox.
- One class completed their Read Around the Planet videoconference.
- We had one class be the audience for a KC3 class from Region 14, TX.
I’m still trying to fill the following videoconferences:
- HistoryQuest8: Civil War on April 20 & 21. FREE.
- HistoryQuest5: Beginnings to 1800 on May 5, 12, and 18. $35. Scholarships available; just ask!
- MysteryQuest USA on April 12, 13, May 5, 6, 10, 11, 19. $35. Scholarships available; just ask!
- ASK Specialist: The Wall – Vietnam veteran interviews on May 17. $50. Scholarships available; just ask!
- Lest We Forget: Korea – veteran interviews on April 19. $50. Scholarships available; just ask!
Celebrate with me and sign up for a VC! 🙂
6 years! Congrats. We have all learned from your generous sharing.