Last Friday afternoon we had several local classes participate in a Polycom Special Event. Students from business, management, and economics classes interviewed four Polycom women executives as a celebration of Women’s History Month. The students had prepared great questions:
- Did you know this job existed when you were going to school?
- Were you always interested in this field?
- What skills and/or abilities were really helpful to you in this job?
- Why is following your skills and interests so important in choosing a job?
- What are the most difficult aspects of your job?
- Did you need to know a lot about technology?
- Explain how technology has changed the way you do your job?
- How will the job outlook and advancement affect your career plans for 5 years from now?
Students appreciated the opportunity to talk to women in the work force to hear about their experiences and their advice for high school students.
Thank you, Polycom, for offering these special events to our students!