Just a few notes from the session on Family Stories & Narrative Today.
- If we know our story we can listen to other’s stories.
- If you can’t express/extend/tell what you value, you can’t be an effective leader.
Suggested Reading: Dr. Baumgartner made a wishlist on Amazon.com for us with these books.
- True North– authentic leadership & leading with integrity, leading from your inner core
- Telling Secrets – reflection, leadership is a fundamentally reflective activity –
- Leadership and Self Deception
- Making of a Leader – Robert Clinton (he researched people who had served overseas as missionaries)
- A Hidden Wholeness – by Parker Palmer and Let Your Life Speak – listening to the voice of vocation
- The Call of Stories – by Robert Coles – the book that started mom on her path of stories
- A Leaders’ Guide to Reflective Practice
- Turning to One Another – by Margaret Wheatley
- The Black Swan – by Taleb