Well, it’s the last official day of Read Around the Planet, a bitter sweet ending. I’m sad because RAP is an amazing two weeks, but I’m glad because now I can rest a bit!
As usual, it’s not really over! I had 70 Read Around the Planet sessions, and 56 of them are finished successfully. But I still have the reschedules:
- 9 between now and the end of March (remember March is Reading Month!)
- 5 that are still working on rescheduling
Here are some tips for rescheduling:
- Reply to everyone involved!
- Start by suggesting some dates and times.
- Texas has spring break March 15-19 (I only mention because there are 400+ classes from TX doing RAP this year, so your odds of having a RAP with TX are pretty high.)
- If you have a UK connection, don’t forget about daylight savings time! During March 14-28, US EST is only 4 hours off of UK time; not the usual 5!
- Be patient and persistent! March is Reading Month! We’ve even had some RAP connections all the way into May! It’s ok. Just follow through with your partner!
And of course, don’t forget to do the evaluation!
Thought you might enjoy.
NICE! Thanks for sharing, Janie! A great way to end Read Around the Planet too!