It’s December 7, and we’re remembering Pearl Harbor by having three sessions interviewing panels of our local World War II veterans. Here are some of the questions the students asked:
- What was your inspiration or motivation during the war?
- Which front do you think was the most difficult?
- Do you think it made a difference in your experience if you were drafted or volunteered?
- Do you think the U.S. did anything to provoke the Pearl Harbor attack?
- What did you miss besides family? (Coke & milk)
- What do you think was your greatest accomplishment during the war?
- How many pounds of equipment did you carry and what all was part of your gear?
- How did Hitler’s decision to invade Poland affect your life?
- Have you ever been back to Europe and what were your impressions when you went back?
- How did the war affect you & your family economically?
- Did 9/11 affect you the same way Pearl Harbor did?
We had three panels participate today:
What a great set of panels and students asking questions! Another excellent day of learning!