As many of you know, I started a new job with Andrews University / Griggs University on July 1.
In this first post in my new position, I want to give you some background, particularly for those of you wondering where I went and why!
- Andrews University gained ownership of Griggs University and International Academy on November 1, 2010.
- Griggs has been involved in international home study, correspondence learning, and distance education since 1909.
- Both Griggs and Andrews University serve the Seventh-day Adventist world church.
- Griggs University serves approximately 2900 students, and Griggs International Academy services 1200 students.
- Griggs has projects in all areas of the world.
- October 13, 2010: Griggs could move to Andrews
- November 1, 2010: Griggs University/Griggs International Academy Ownership Transferred to Andrews University
- May 10, 2011: Associate Dean for Griggs Named
- June 8, 2011: Andrews Purchases Lake Union Building
- June 15, 2011: Future of Adventist distance learning optimistic as Griggs expands
- July 8, 2011: Griggs Moving from Maryland to Michigan
- July 13, 2011: HLC Approves Griggs Merger
So far, we’ve been unpacking boxes from the move and getting settled. It might be quiet here for a while as I get my feet on the ground. But I hope to be sharing what I’m learning; results of research I’m doing on various e-learning topics; and pictures from travel (sounds like trips to Asia are in my future). So stay tuned for more!
Congratulations Janine! Looking forward to hearing about your new adventures!
Congratulations! I’m sure you will create as many adventures for students and adults in this new job as you did in your other job.