In this first post in my new position, I want to give you some background, particularly for those of you wondering where I went and why!
- Andrews University gained ownership of Griggs University and International Academy on November 1, 2010.
- Griggs has been involved in international home study, correspondence learning, and distance education since 1909.
- Both Griggs and Andrews University serve the Seventh-day Adventist world church.
- Griggs University serves approximately 2900 students, and Griggs International Academy services 1200 students.
- Griggs has projects in all areas of the world.
- October 13, 2010: Griggs could move to Andrews
- November 1, 2010: Griggs University/Griggs International Academy Ownership Transferred to Andrews University
- May 10, 2011: Associate Dean for Griggs Named
- June 8, 2011: Andrews Purchases Lake Union Building
- June 15, 2011: Future of Adventist distance learning optimistic as Griggs expands
- July 8, 2011: Griggs Moving from Maryland to Michigan
- July 13, 2011: HLC Approves Griggs Merger
So far, we’ve been unpacking boxes from the move and getting settled. It might be quiet here for a while as I get my feet on the ground. But I hope to be sharing what I’m learning; results of research I’m doing on various e-learning topics; and pictures from travel (sounds like trips to Asia are in my future). So stay tuned for more!