This afternoon, Brown Elementary connected with author Laurie Keller for a Polycom Special Event based on the ASK format. Several other schools across the country were participating as well. Students had read Laurie’s book, The Scrambled States, and had prepared questions to ask her. Here are a few of the questions from today:
- How did you get the idea for the book?
- Where was the party?
- Who is your favorite author?
- Have you visited all the states?
- What is your favorite state?
- How long did it take you to write the book?
- What did you do before you were an author?
- As a child, what was your favorite book?
- Why is there a penny on two of the pages of the book?
- Why didn’t you scramble continents instead?
- Since your favorite president is Lincoln, have you ever been to Mt. Rushmore to see him?
We got a peek look at the sequel coming out in August, The Scrambled States Talent Show, and we also saw some of the writing process and other books that she had written. The students each shared 3 facts from their state as well. Great connection!