This morning we have another EcoConversations connection with Dowagiac Middle School and Westcliff High School for Girls in the UK.
The first presentation was from a group of students in the UK who shared how McDonalds (eating burgers) is making a negative impact on the rainforest and the environment: no recycling, litter, impact on health, and where the rainforest is cut down for raising cattle, etc…
Next our class presented about our community and what the students do for fun. They shared about the agriculture grown in our area. Then our class shared our the invasive species in our area.
Next another group in the UK shared about recycling and impact on environment.
Then, as Mr. Tsang said, “the business over”, the students asked each other questions. Here are some of them:
- How many McDonalds do you have?
- What kind of music do you listen to?
- Two of the students in the UK sang to our students! That was a hit!
- What kinds of food do you eat? What is your favorite food?
- What’s your favorite subject?
- What are you getting Christmas?
- Are you on Facebook?
- What grade are you in?
- What’s your favorite sweets?
- What time is it there? (This question never gets old in a videoconference!)
- How many students are in your school? (1000 UK / 600 MI)
- Do you guys think we have funny accents?
The students had a great time chatting and we are talking about setting up some more collaborations between our schools.