Are you going to ISTE 2010 this year? Here is a tantalizing list of videoconference sessions. Hope to see you there! I hear rumor also that there will be a videoconferencing playground. Should be fun!!
Saturday, June 26, 2010
- Workshop: 12:30-3:30 pm Building IVC Connections: Traveling The World With IVC
Sunday, June 27, 2010
- Workshop: 8:30-11:30 am: A Novel Hour: Extend Reading with Wikis, Skype, and Videoconferencing by Roxanne Glaser of VCRox fame.
- Informal/Poster Session: 7-9 pm: Learning Beyond the Horizon: Global Learning through Videoconferencing (Good for you, Carol!)
- Informal/Poster Session: 7-9 pm: Video Conferencing to Promote Global Learning (GNG and iEARN team up! Should be awesome!)
- Informal/Poster Session: 7-9 pm: Almost Like Being There: Emerging Technologies in International Classroom Collaborations
- Informal/Poster Session: 7-9 pm: 21st-Century Reading Buddies Collaborating Around the World (Skype)
- Informal/Poster Session: 7-9 pm: Creativity and Conflict: Technological Methods for Exploring the Other
- Informal/Poster Session: 7-9 pm: Salmon: Situation Critical! A Global Collaborative Video Project
Monday, June 28, 2010
- Session: 8:30-9:30 am: Part I: Face-to-Face in Online Graduate Teacher Education (desktop VC)
- IVC Showcase: 8:45-9:15 am: Blended Learning for the 21st-Century Classroom with Elaine Shuck of Polycom
- IVC Showcase: 9:30-10:00 am: Virtual Visit Professional Development with NY Hall of Science
- IVC Showcase: 10:15-10:45 am: Problem-Based Instruction and 21st-Century Classrooms
- IVC Showcase: 11:00-11:30 am: Forces and Motion: An Introduction to Live Classroom Videoconferencing (yay! Andy Campbell!)
- BYOL Session: 11:00-12:00 pm: Digital PLN’s: Connecting Globally with Collaborative Web Tools (Skype)
- Model Lesson: 12:00-1:00 pm: The Gorilla Connection: Blogging and Skyping to Africa
- IVC Showcase: 11:45-12:15: International Studies in Schools: Bringing Students Face to Face with the World
- IVC Showcase: 12:30-1:00 pm: Elephant in the Room: Students Learning Science through Exhibit Design (Cleveland Metroparks Zoo)
- Workshop: 12:30-7:30 pm: Designing Quality Interactive Classroom Projects for Desktop or Room Videoconferencing by yours truly. Hope to see you there! (An hour included to grab some supper.)
- IVC Showcase: 1:15-1:45 pm: Interactive Videoconferencing with the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- IVC Showcase: 2:00-2:30 pm: HEC-TV Live! Connecting Classrooms with the World
- IVC Showcase: 2:45-3:15 pm: Serving All Students: Using IVC for Nontraditional Courses
- SIG IVC Forum: 3:30-6:30 pm: SIGIVC Forum: What’s Next for Videoconferencing? Wave III How is it that even though my workshop is at an odd time this year, it still conflicts with the SIG IVC forum as it seems to do every year?
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
- Session: 11:00-12:00 pm: Reaching Beyond Classroom Walls: Incorporating Distance Learning into the Curriculum
- Poster: 1:00-3:00 pm: Videoconferencing Lesson Study: Learning from the Classroom
Wednesday, June 30, 2010
- Panel Session: 8:30-9:30 am: Distance Learning Comes of Age (with Howie D., Jan Z., Scott M., and more!)
Did I miss any? Please comment and let me know.
- Which session(s) are YOU looking forward to?