- What do you think the word stereotype means?
- Why do you think artists use abstract art?
- Has anyone ever had a caricature done of themselves? (asked while showing a great collection of caricatures of celebrities)
- What do you see as being exaggerated in this figure?
- What is this person in this painting doing?
- Do you think this is a fair representation of this person? If you were from that area of the world, how would you feel about it?
After a few minutes of lots of questions, the kids woke up (this session was at 7:30) and really started to say what they thought!
This program includes a collection of art representing different time periods and ethnicities and really engages the students in the content.