Today is the culmination day for the CILC Symposium. Each panel moderator is reporting out on the various todos. Here’s a few notes from them. The PPTs will be posted on the CILC Symposium soon.
- Develop a collection of tips for collaborative projects. Did you know about our Collaborative Projects Template Booklet? Also check out the Collaborative Videoconferences Wiki.
- Increase communication between teachers and content providers.
- Encourage vendors to create non-proprietary products. “It needs to be like a telephone. It doesn’t matter what the device is on the other end, it just needs to work.”
- Details from my group – with resources and solutions – are posted on VC Rox.
- International collaborations – make sure you plan the outcomes and goals and activities for the group.
- Share strategies to help teachers move through the CBAM adoption model
- Encourage more participation in collaboration by sharing best practices – such as blogging, wikis, sharing with peers.
- We need to do a much better job at showing rather than telling
- Teachers need to see “best practice” in motion
- Do a collaborative project where teachers connect to teachers where one school mentors another
- How many times have you been to a workshop to talk about the technology instead of using it!
Definitely good points to consider and keep working on in our respective areas.
Great to read all the tidbits and great advice from the CILC Symposium on your blog along with Roxannes’
And I don’t have to answer a math problem on your blog!
Thanks for keeping me going!
okay, Ashton, I made the math problems easier. Check ’em out.