This year I can’t attend NECC due to a family conflict, so I’ll be trying to catch a taste of the action online. I thought I’d start today with a list of IVC and videoconferencing related sessions that I could find on the schedule.
H323 Videoconferencing (I think)
- June 27, 8:30 EST Students Designing Interactive Videoconferencing Academic Content for Students
- June 28, 8:30 EST SIG IVC Interactive Videoconferencing: Going Green and Saving $$$$ with Every Day Applications
- June 28, 1:00 EST SIGIVC Forum: Connecting Your Students to the World
- June 28, 7:30 pm EST Collaborative Project Work in Ireland (I saw this last year – check it out!!)
- June 29, 8:00 EST Texas Twisted Weather: Creating Safe Schools and Communities (Roxanne & Shane!)
- June 29, 8:00 EST The Journey Continues . . . Integrating Technology Across the Curriculum
- June 29, 8:00 EST Stream Team: Students as Scientists
- June 29, 8:30 EST Virtually Crossing Cultures: Connecting Youth through Videoconferencing
- June 29, 9:30 EST It’s Your Turn: Using Videoconferencing for Foreign Language Skills
- June 29, 10:30 EST NASA’s Digital Learning Network: More Than an Interactive Videoconference
- June 29, 11:30 EST Hola, Amigos: A Language and Culture Exchange
- June 29, 12:30 EST Dinosaurs at a Distance: VC with the Royal Tyrrell Museum
- June 29, 12:30 EST Treasures of the National Archives Exploration: Learning with Primary Sources
- June 29, 1:30 EST Careers in the 21st Century: Videoconferencing Equalizes Opportunities for Students
- June 29, 2:00 EST Collaborative Web Technologies: Blogs, Wikis, Videoconferencing and More!
- June 29, 2:30 EST Lights, Camera, More Action! Creative Camera Use to Engage Students
- June 29, 3:30 EST Lines and Patterns! Our Worlds through Interactive Videoconferencing
- June 29, 3:30 EST Arts Infusion Through Interactive Videoconferencing (Center for Puppetry Arts)
- June 30, 12:30 EST 21st-Century Learning through Video Conferencing (Heather Weisse Walsh of K20 Inter@actions fame)
- June 30, 1:00 EST When Donkeys Fly: You Too Can Learn to Videoconference (I wonder if this is with the author we connected to in January?)
- July 1, 9:00 EST Oh The Places We’ll Go–Virtually: Interactive Videoconferencing
- July 1, 12:00 EST The Great Race: A Multidisciplinary Standards-Based Videoconferencing Project
- July 1, 12:00 EST JapanUSA Teen Talk: Online Real Problem-Based Learning
- June 28 12:30-3:30 EST Skype Me! (Hands on workshop)
- June 29 2:00 Collaborative Web Technologies: Blogs, Wikis, Videoconferencing and More!
- June 29 3:30-4:30 EST SMS: Cell Phones and VoIP in the Classroom Curriculum
- June 30 10:00 EST What’s in a Technology Trainer’s Toolbox?
- June 30 12:30 EST Dr. Z’s Creative Cookbook on Collaborative Communication
In these session descriptions, I can’t tell what VC technology they are using.
- June 29 8:30 Global Kids: Making a Difference, Changing the World
- June 29 2:00 Part 2: Virtual Bug-In-Ear Technology–Pioneering the Future of Professional Development (this one sounds really unique!)
Did I miss any? If so, please comment and I’ll update the list!
There will be a lot going on Saturday in conjunction with EdubloggerCon. They will be using Elluminate and have many virtual rooms etc going.
Wow, what a list. Thanks for putting that together, Janine.