To celebrate Veterans Day today, we have 4 sessions with panels of our World War II, Korea, and Vietnam. Students from MI and TX are interviewing our local veterans. Here are some of the questions students asked today:
- Where did you sleep when you were in active duty?
- Have you ever been back to where you fought?
- What was the worst thing you ever ate?
- How were you treated when you came home from the war?
- What advice would you give a student who is being encouraged to go into the service?
- Do you feel it was necessary to drop the atomic bomb on Hiroshima?
- Was it hard to run with all the supplies on your back?
- Who inspired you to serve our country?
- Tell us about the medals on your uniform.
- Would you really give your life for our country?
- How would you compare the war you fought with the war in Afghanistan and Pakistan?
This is the first group that I have noticed actually used the new note taking sheet I created. It has four squares for locations (to look up on the map later), historical facts, stories, and service/patriotism. It was great to see the students taking notes!
Throughout the day, we had several different veterans participate:
We have additional interviews coming up, including December 7 with World War II. We’d love to have you join us!